95 johnson no power?????

bobbya

Cadet
Hi, just got done rigging motor,new controls ,has t/t,I have power to selenoid,but no power at starter? Any way to bypass selenoid? Where does new power ground mount? Starter bolt or any good ground? Selenoid usually clicks if bad RIGHT? Has no click ....choke operates,I did everything according to clymer manual and instructions that came w/new parts. All rigging is new!!! I am missing emergency clip for key,but I don't think that would effect it or would it???????

ob

Admiral
Re: 95 johnson no power?????

If you are getting 12v to the starter solenoid from the ignition switch it should click or close the circuit on the large 12v cable through it to the starter motor.If solenoid is not clicking or turning the engine over you either are not getting 12v from the ignition switch, the solenoid is defective ,or the controls are not in neutral.Try jumping from the large 12v cable on the input side of the solenoid to the small 12v terminal on the starter solenoid.Should either click or turn over the engine depending upon your batterys state of charge or whether you have any loose connections on wiring.