Sea Foam???

ratltrap

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hope this is right place for this ?!<br />Have any of ya'll tried this stuff?<br />They have a can you can pour in your gas<br />or your oil,a spray lube that can also clean <br />things(guns for ex.[clean & lube in 1 appl. <br />they say]).They also have a Transmission<br />additive.Also used in Marine,lawnmowers or <br />anything else w/ a motor.Supposed to have been <br />developed for the Marine industry 40 yrs. ago<br />or so.Below is link to their website- http://www.seafoamsales.com/ <br />Any of you have opinions on this stuff?Thanks :)

catfish1

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sea Foam???

seafoam works good to decarb an outboard, never seen it as a gas additive though. normally it is in a spray can, you spray in the carbs while the motors running, when it starts choking up with it you shut it down & let it sit for a while.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to general outboard.

n0ukf

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The most I've seen of Sea Foam is in a can (not spray) and says specifically that it can be added to crankcase oil as well as to the gas. (I accidntally added half a can of their Trans Tune to my tank once with no descernable adverse effect.) The spray can I know of is their Deep Creep spray lubricant (similar to WD-40 I suppose).

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The spray, SeaFoam Deep Creep, is a multi-purpose engine decarb/solvent product. Similar to carb cleaner.<br /><br />Lots of us here use the gas additive/conditioner/stabilizer.<br /><br />Wd-40, in its current form, is basically a silicone lubricant in a petroleum distillate base.<br /><br />Use the search function for "seafoam" or "sea foam".

ratltrap

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks ya'll.I just heard about this stuff the other day from 3-4 people w/in 5-6 hours time,and all said it is good stuff. :cool: <br />JB-Sorry bout postin' this @ other place.Just was't quite sure 'bout where & I forgot about using search :eek: .<br />Thanks again :)

Fouled Plug

Ensign

Sea Foam is good stuff. I run it regularly in the tank as a stabilizer, and to help remove water.