1990 40 Johnson Wiring Diagram

Kimber

Recruit
I am looking for the wiring diagram for a 1990 40hp Johnson Outboard motor. We bought this pontoon boat and the wiring is horrible. Needs to be completely rewired but we need a copy of the wiring diagram for this model.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Kimber <br />monkeyturtle569@earthlink.net

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1990 40 Johnson Wiring Diagram

Howdy, Kimber.<br /><br />Your best bet is to buy a Repair Manual.<br /><br />Factory reprint: www.kencook.com<br />Aftermarket Manual: http://www.boatmotors.com/manuals.html <br /><br />Second best bet is to borrow a manual at the Library or to copy the wiring diagram from the Library manual.<br /><br />Good luck :)

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Hey Kimber...welcome to the forums....<br /><br />Easy way to get one....go to your local libaray and get a manual with diagrams and print it out. Libraries usually have copies of the generic service manuals and they all have wiring diagrams. Usually ain't as pretty as the OEM service manuals, but they suffice. A reprint of the OEM service manual can be gotten from Ken Cook company. Some reason my "paste" function ain't workin' or I'd paste ya' a link.<br /><br />(EDIT)Looks like JB already did. :D <br />Keep us posted.

DHPMARINE

Captain

Kimber,<br />I suggest the original OMC manual for your motor,but you will find the boat wiring will not be in it.If the problems are between the control box and the motor,yes,but the lights,radio and other accessories are a seperate system,and a book on basic 12V wiring will better aid you.<br />DHP (wish I had one to reccomend)