Trim/Tilt Sender

dsnyder

Cadet
Hi Everyone,<br /><br />1985 90hp Johnson...<br />OMC Gauge It doesn't specifically say OMC on it but the Tach and the Speedo say OMC and it matches them.<br /><br />Previous owner replaced the trim/tilt sender. I don't think it is the correct sender because the gauge goes from full up to full down with less than a 1/2 inch of arm movement. I can tell it has been replaced before because the black stock wires are spliced into the blue wires that come out of the sender. It is hard to read the any numbers on the sender but I think this is what it says RV4NAY 0502A 5KA 20 9160. It is tough to read the numbers because of the clear epoxy poured over the reostat. There are no numbers on the gauge except for the wire plug labels S G I L<br /><br />Any advice? <br /><br />By the way, this board and it's inhabitants are fantastic. I'm finally, slowly getting all the little things fixed on my boat and it sure feels good!<br /><br />Tach comes next!!!<br /><br />Thanks!<br /><br />Dave

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trim/Tilt Sender

Dave.... Obviously the PTT sender is faulty. I'd suspect that the previous owner cut the wires to test it rather than disconnect them properly for testing.<br /><br />The gauge terminals, as you probably already know stand for: S=Sender/Sensor, G=Ground, L=Light Switch, I=Power (12v only when key is ON).<br /><br />You can use any of the below sender assys which vary in price for some reason. The bolt alignments are identical... the terminal ends are different but easily changed. Original & superceeded numbers are:<br /><br />1985 V/4 = 582944 - 583358 = Approx $75.00<br /><br />1984 V/4 = 582501 = Approx $85.00<br /><br />1979 V/4 = 581754 = 582154 $160.00 (Whew!)