OMC Part 393574

Brew2

Chief Petty Officer
Hi all,<br /><br />I believe this part # is from a looper carb body. I'm trying to find out what year and horsepower motor it came off of.<br /><br />Thanks in advance for any assistance.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Brew

alcan

Commander
Re: OMC Part 393574

Hi Brew<br />The only thing we can tell you from the part#s is vaguely what it is. In other words a carb body,bearing,head gasket,etc. There is no way of knowing what motor or motors it will fit. I know this doesn't make sence. To find what parts a certain motor needs we have to look in the parts manual for each motor in question. This manual gives an expolded veiw/veiws and numbers each part. Then you take the part #s to the master catolog to find out if they are still available and how much they will cost. It is true that many different motors will use the same parts with the same part #s. It would take a month of sundays to figure out what motor that part # you give fits.I have part manuals from about1948 to 1990. So you can see it would be impossible to search even a small percentage. Now if you can post a model # for the motor you want this part to fit. I can tell you in very short order wether or not this part# will work for that motor. Are you really confused now?

Brew2

Chief Petty Officer

Hi Alcan,<br /><br />Thanks for the info. Too bad there isn't readily available software with part # information. While books are great and certainly indispensible when working on a motor, it seems rather archeic to have to rely on them to track down parts. <br /><br />Anyway, I'm hoping to find out if these carbs, and the corresponding throttle body, would fit/work on an '86 Evinrude 140. If you can help with that answer it would be much appreciated.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /><br />Brew

alcan

Commander

Hi Brew<br />I'm in hot water now. You had to ask for one of the few part manuals I don't have. I did how ever look up the part#393574 in the master catolog and I don't find it in there. This is odd. It lists #393571 as a carb AY. then skips to #393575 which is a non-carb related part. So I don't even have that # listed. Let's see if we can get some of the other fellas on this.

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

The "part number" on the carb body is probably a casting number that is used for factory reference and not used in the field as a part number.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

As long as you have the throttle body that is mated to the carb body you can use it. The assembly will work on a V4 looper regardless of where it came from. Where guys get in trouble is, they seperate a carb body from a throttle body and try to mix and match. Since the throttle body is part of the calibration you can see what a nightmare it can turn into. You also need to be reasonably sure the carb has the original jets it was produced with. <br /><br />And dont run it with the airbox cover off! <br /><br />Good luck!