Gone out of business?

petrolhead

Chief Petty Officer
A while back someone on this forum suggested I try The Shad Connection for parts for my 1957 Johnson 18. I just went to the site to order my stuff and there's a notice saying they're temporarily closed for business, anyone know what's happening there?<br />Is there anywhere else I can get my parts (coils, points, carb kit etc..) so cheap?

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Gone out of business?

I dunno, but they stopped exporting from the States a few months back.<br />Go2marine exports. Good prices, sometimes slow shipping, but they tell you when they backorder.

petrolhead

Chief Petty Officer

Thanx Paul I'll try them. I know that Shad didn't export, I was going to order through a friend in Montana who would forward the stuff to me, looks like I left it too long though!

G DANE

Commander

I experienced myselves, as a result of not exporting, they dont always answer mails recieved from international inquirers !!

Hooty

Rear Admiral

That must be it, Dane. I just logged on to thier website without a problem.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

But you can't purchase anything at checkout...

petrolhead

Chief Petty Officer

You can log onto the website no problem, but a window opens saying they are temporarily closed for business. I don't know what that means, gone on holiday, gone bust, just taking a break, or what?<br />I can't find another supplier that lists all the parts I need at such good prices, so it would mean ordering coils from one, points from another etc... by the time I paid all the shipping I may as well buy the stuff in the UK, at the extortionate prices the local dealers want to charge me!<br />I tried Go2marine, but the only item I could find that I need was coils, unless I just can't figure their cat# system!

Paul Moir

Admiral

petrolhead: Coils here for $13.00, and lots of carb kits. A lot more than go2marine anyway. 18-7043 (what your after?) for $13. They seem to ship internationally too. I've never used them before though.