225hp stalls when tilted all the way down

85merc200

Petty Officer 3rd Class
running on the hose, could this be a carb problem runs great when tilted a little up, thanks

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 225hp stalls when tilted all the way down

85...not sure what ya' mean by "running on the hose".<br /><br />Try this, get the engine running. Loosen the clamp at the engine where all the wire harness' go into the engine. Take the wire harness and bend it by hand to simulate the engine tilting all the way down. If the engine stops, you probably go a busted wire in the harness. It happens on occasion.<br /><br />Keep us posted. Thanks.

85merc200

Petty Officer 3rd Class

running on the hose with the "muffs" hooked up to the lower unit,<br /><br />i'm pretty sure it not the harness, i have the whole boat and truck at an angle at one of those was out boat places, and tilting down it starts to sputter and eventually stalls, idles great when tilted about 15-20 degrees up 0 degree being straight down....

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Muffs...OK 85...brain cramp on my end.<br /><br />Usually when the problem occurs with the engine tilt, "something" is binding, crimping or coming apart. Try it with the clamp lose anyways and see what comes up.<br /><br />This is the easiest place to start as I can see.