Rubber bushes

mattjeanes

Seaman Apprentice
Calling all OMC Experts! Having removed the powerhead from my 1974 15HP Evinrude I looked down into the leg and saw a mass of perished rubber where the top of the leg joins to the main pivot. I removed the 2 bolts that secure the leg and they brought out with them 2 metal tubes that looked like they should have remained as part of 2 rubber bushes. I then pulled the sad remains of 2 bushes out of the 2 squarish mounting pieces that are held onto the side of the leg by 2 screws each from outside. What I am now wondering is how many new parts do I need? I am guessing that there were originally 2 round bushes with metal centres that were separate from the square mountings. Or were these all one part with the bush bonded to the mounting? Do any of these parts have a proper name? Does anyone know a part number? Any help would be much appreciated as I live in the UK where ordering parts can be a nightmare at the best of times and not knowing exactly what I want makes it really difficult.

R.Johnson

Rear Admiral
Re: Rubber bushes

You are looking at the two rubber motor mounts,I'm not in the shop to give you a part number, maybe the other guy's can.