Center Console question

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have seen some CC's and was wondering, what the heck do the do for a trolling motor on them?<br />The one's I've seen ain't got any.

Trent

Captain
Re: Center Console question

Kicker........Or if it quits.. Sea Tow. :)

Trent

Captain

Or for freshwater..Buy a bass boat. In the sticks where you are. If its white capping you need to be on the puter.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Naaaaaaaaaa Trent, I have a boat now I would take to Lake Erie with no problem, was just wondering what they do.<br />I guess they just float around.

JB

I have had bow-mount trollers on my last 2 CC boats, SBN. That's because I used them for casting in fresh water.<br /><br />CCs are usually BIG water boats that troll with main engine or a kicker.

SpinnerBait_Nut

So what kind did you have JB?<br />Shaft lengths etc.<br /><br />I really like the CC and thought maybe about getting one and that is the reason for the question.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Hi Spinner .. I think Minn-Kota has a shaft length calculator on their web site .. now that I think of it - it might be Motor-Guide as well.<br /><br /> http://www.minnkotamotors.com <br /><br /> http://www.motorguide.com/ <br /><br />on the 21' CC Sylvan fishing rig I've got I bought it with a 52" bow-mount but, went to Cabelas and found a 'Beefed up' shaft model thats around 70" for around $350 :) (orig. @ $1200 :eek: ) for bouncing around in big water.<br /><br />with bow mounts on even bass boats or larger bay boats I think 50" would be the shortest.. but, rule of thumb.. bigger is better :D :p <br /><br />hope this helps a little bit.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Thanks Barlow, this is an 18'er that I think I can get right.<br /><br />Now if only I could find someone around Richmond Va. to go look at it for me. ;)

JB

I used Minn Kota PD50 on my 13' Boston Whaler and AP55 on the 17' Boston Whaler. Don't remember shaft lengths, but both were longer than they needed to be.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Thanks all, but they are crazy so I will pass on it.