Making a home made test tank?

sandollar1978

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello, first happy holidays to every one! Second Does any body know what I can use to make a home made test tank for my 1979 evinrude 55HP? Any ideas would be great! Thanks alot. :D

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: Making a home made test tank?

Big plastic garbage can with a hole punched in the side close to the bottom with a drain plug for emptying.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

A 100 gallon cattle watering tank works great.<br />I got a galvanized steel one for $47.

steviecops

Chief Petty Officer

Hi Sandollar<br />I use a plastic 40 gallon drum with the top cut off and a drain tap in the bottom.<br /><br />By the way, did you sort out the problem you had with your engine? If so, what was the problem and what did you do to fix it?<br /><br />Steve

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

I've used trash cans of various sizes. Lately I bought a large rectangular plastic container at a mart store for about $10 that works well w/ my 40 hp. Tilt the motor up & fill the container, then tilt it back down. I like the hole near the bottom idea. It does get heavy since it holds about 25 gal.

sandollar1978

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks for all the replys! steviecop the motor is ok I guess I did decarb the motor and it ideals great but I have not try it at the lake its been rainning down hear in CA. I have just been try to get it ready I have installed guages like rpm,volts,mph they look great and I installed a boss stereo system. I would like to have the motor rebuilt. Well thanks agin. :D