specific wiring question on a 1993 88hp Johnson

jbkk

Seaman Apprentice
Having just had the powerhead rebuilt I was in the process of putting it back on and found two wires I needed help with. I don't remember exactly where they were and was hoping someone in the forum would know . They come off as one wire from under the flywheel (timer base I think) and go toward and by the #1 cylinder before splitting into 2 connections. They were connected by flathead screws to the top two posts on a rectangular wiring panel maybe 5" long and numbered 1-7, top to bottom. My problem is I can't remember which wire goes to which post (I think they are the same color, can check on that tonight) and I don't want to mess anything up before starting the motor. Any advice on the matter is appreciated - I have learned a good lesson and will make notes next time. Thanks. <br />Jeff

usedboats4u

Seaman Apprentice
Re: specific wiring question on a 1993 88hp Johnson

let me know what colors they are, from what you are saying it sounds like the yellow wire and the yellow wire with white stripe, if that is the case you can put them of either of the posts

jbkk

Seaman Apprentice

usedboats4U, that sounds right , I will email you later this evening with the exact colors. Thanks.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

JBKK.<br /><br />Is there some reason you can't post the colors here?<br /><br />People read these posts to learn. You would be denying them that opportunity.<br /><br />Thanks :)

jbkk

Seaman Apprentice

I am at work currently and will post the colors tonight on the forum, not directly to usedboats4U. I agree, its a great place to learn.

jbkk

Seaman Apprentice

After looking again last night, it appears the wires in question are both yellow - didn't see a yellow and white stripe. Thanks in advance for your help.