1985 evinrude 25hp need help!!

TomInFla

Recruit
have a 85 evinrude model #E25ROCS ser # E0515641<br />my question is the part were it hangs on to the boat at were the rubber mount is i had to replace it with new one now my problem is i had it hanging on a board and wanted to move it into the garage but when i did a few peices fell out a white plastic (looks like a sleeve cap) and another sleeve which is cut and a O-Ring looking like the O-Ring was around the sleeve can anyone tell me if this is how it goes back and how is the best way to do it i have tried but sems to be hard to do with O-Ring on sleeve ?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1985 evinrude 25hp need help!!

Tom...these parts fell outta yer' swivel bracket. The sleeve with the groove goes in first. The groove is a grease groove. Then the o'ring and then the sleeve cap. Put these parts in after the steering tube is in place. May have to finagle with the o'ring but it'll go in.

TomInFla

Recruit
Re: 1985 evinrude 25hp need help!!

let me make sure i have this right the sleeve goes in first then the O-Ring and then the sleeve cap ok Thanks i was trying to do it with the O-Ring on the sleeve thanks so much OutBoardJim