Evinrude 70hp trim & Tilt question

Bo Diddley

Recruit
my motor on trim & tilt burned up and I cant figure how to lower the engine all the way down (in).I turned the screw on the right side of the frame and it lowers the tilt,but not the trim,it dont go in all the way,I need to tuck it completly in.Its a 1990 model year.Also to change this motor ,I need to pull the whole trim & tilt unit off? I cant even find out what the OEM number for the motor is to get an aftermarket replacment.I have a manuel but it dont show much as its a Clymer,any help would be appericated. Thanks

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude 70hp trim & Tilt question

hello Bo<br /> some year model and whether or not it has fas trac would help. I dont think you will get it all the way down. but most of the units since the 80's have to be up to remove them. although I have had some sucess with tilting them up and remving the port bracket. good luck and I hope its a fresh water motor :)

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

As rodbolt said, it will need to be in the UP position to remove it anyway. We are talking about a 1990 70 HP, with fas trac.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

OEM P/N is 394176.

93bronco

Ensign

when you have the motor tilted up with the lock in place, take out upper pin -use your t/t switch to lower rams- disconnect wiring- remove.<br /><br /> the conventional t/t has its release on the right (starboard) as you stated yours is.<br /><br />the fast track is on the left (port)