How are Suzuki OB

stoked not

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was looking at boat that has a year 2000, 200 HP Suzuki OB. I have a Merc friend who's not a fan of Suzuki OB's Infact he sais, If it's not black take it back. <br />Anyone's thoughts on Suzuki OB's would be appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Stoked Not

D

DJ

Re: How are Suzuki OB

stoked,<br /><br />I have only owned one. A DT-140. (140 hp)<br /><br />I thought the engoine was very well built and rugged. It was also very reliable and meticulously detailed.<br /><br />The only issue I had was with dealer support. It was a bit sketchy. If you have a Suzuki dealer near you, I wouldn't have any problem with it.

manitoba1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Stoked not:<br />I've owned 2 suzuki's and still own one 70 hp 4 stroke which by the way is a black engine. I've been pleased with both but am exeptionably pleased with the 4 stroke. In general I've heard of a lot more ticked off Merc owners than Suzuki owners. One Suzuki dealer I talked with, which up until a year ago sold Mariners (Merc), said they haven't had a single warranty claim unlike the Merc built products which liked to eat powerpacks. They said changing to Suzuki was the best move ever and sales are great. It is important though to have dealer support which is not only good, but convienent:)

what200

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's good they are fairly reliable because the parts prices would make you think they are plated with gold.

mikcro

Cadet

i have a 1985 dt 140 and i would never own anything else never had a problem ever and shes as strong as the day i bought her which was in 1995.the impeller is a breeze to change and she is reliable. mike

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

If it's out of warranty, I would not touch it... Parts (especially ignition/electrical) are exteemly expensive, and sometimes hard to find..

TexSkeeter150

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 1992 Suzuki 150 super six. Still runs strong with no problems at all. I a have good dealer support in the the Dallas/Ft.Worth area of Texas so that is not a problem for me. I would buy another one.

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

I am fortunate to have good dealer support locally, but I often get most of my parts online which is usually within a few days.

Dan180cc

Seaman Apprentice

Greetings to all, <br /> I had the same questions several months ago concerning the durability of the 140 Johnson<br />4 stroke engine and I got in contact with the <br />company that provides the extended warrenty<br />coverage for the dealership.For me the company's name was pinnicle. They provided me with some repair information that cleared things up quickly.<br />All 4 strokes engines had far fewer repairs than all 2 strokes. Of the 4 strokes the ones with<br />electronic fuel injection with no carb's had the fewest repairs. Only repaired 2 last year out of over 1000 units. They gave big praise the the 2 brands that used timing chains instead of belts.<br />They also claim that the rev limiters oil and overheat shutdown electronics save a lot of engines from the bone yard. <br />I bought the 140 johnson and its been a great engine so far. No problems at all 65 hours of run time. The thing that really gets me is that you have to listen for it to hear it running, it is that quite.Good The down side is it will cost you more to purchase one.Good luck .Dan