Need year of evinrude please

tidesright

Cadet
Just bought a boat and motor (Evinrude 70hp) mod. # E70TLCRD<br />Ser. # J0433009. Could you please tell me the year of the motor and the web site you use to cross refrence the numbers. I was searching on the evinrude site and could not find anything.<br />Also I assume 50:1 fuel/oil ratio?<br />I would appriciate any other input about this motor. It fires right up and runs smooth however it seems like when I lift up the idle lever it reacts a little sluggish and tends to race. Could this be a little build up in the carbs?<br />Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!!

tidesright

Cadet
Re: Need year of evinrude please

Thanks for the year! Any other help with the rest of the post?

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

50:1 mix is correct. Sounds like the starting is normal. They tend to race then die down a bit when cold. If it runs good after warm up, I wouldn't be too concerned. You may want to run some seafoam through a tankful of fuel just to clean things out a bit. You can get it at NAPA and other automotive stores. It basically cleans and decarbons out the insides of the motor, but can also help with minor fuel problems.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello again.<br />go to : www.marinshopen.se<br />It helps if you know swedish but just klick the button that says modell guide and that should do it. <br />Enjoy.