any damage

mo-jo

Cadet
i have a 85 evinrude 120 v4 s#g1025374 i had trouble the other day my engine would not keep running kept staleing i was about 1mile from dock i had my buddy to keep primeing the ball until we got back to the dock iam asuming my fuel pump is bad but did i do any damage because its oil injeted and what is diffince of vro & vro2 and any body got one thanks :confused: :(

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: any damage

I doubt that you did any damage. Did the engine alarm go off??<br /><br />Go ahead with the fuel pump but while you are fussing with it change the primer bulb and check all fuel line connections, fuel filters and fuel line pickup in the tank. You source of your problem may be any one of these.

93bronco

Ensign

from what i understand the original Vro did not have the electronics, those came out with the Vro2.<br />-<br />i mite be mistaken but i dont think that the 1985 had the Vro2 but the earlier Vro with no electronics.<br /><br />-<br />here is a site that has the rebuild kits for both fuel & oil. <br />web page

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

mo-jo,<br /><br />I have the same year and hp as you. One of the reasons I disconnected the VRO was the "no electronics" which means no alarm.......... :eek:

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

I have an '85 140 which came with VRO. VRO2 was a free upgrade a year or two later, which I did. An air leak on the gas suction side (anywhere between the fuel tank pickup and the pump) or a faulty pump may cause what you experienced. If in doubt about the oil injection, add oil to the fuel while you verify oil useage (put a mark on the oil tank). VRO oil failures are not common.