bad weekend

mo-jo

Cadet
help i have a 85 120 v4 evinrude moter started then staled i primp it it started and staled i was 5miles out so i kept priming the ball until i got back to the dock is my fuel pump bad i also put oil in my tank because its oil injeted will it still injet oil if it not pumping gas and is there a rebuilding kit any help would be greatfulthank you :( :( :confused:

bradley1393

Cadet
Re: bad weekend

very likely the diaphram is ruptured in your vro pump. This doubles as oil pump and fuel pump. I do not think there is a rebuild kit available now., there used to be but i think they pulled it years ago because of problems with the air motors in the kits.<br />When this pump goes you are likely not to get oil so always play it safe and add it to the fuel tank. The replacement of the vro is not that difficult just mark your lines and take your time.

93bronco

Ensign

you can still get an aftermarket kit, but you could still have problems.<br />your best bet if you cant find a cheap new one (ebay)<br /> is to order the premix pump #438402 ($160)<br />or send yours off to be rebuilt for $150 better than new. web page <br />(thank clanton for that site)<br />-<br />i got lucky and found a new VRO with out the wires on ebay for $25 still sealed.<br />i was the only one that bid on it.<br /> i guess no one wanted it because it wasnt the VRO2.<br />im premixing anyway, so it didnt matter.

93bronco

Ensign

now you have 2 posts on same subject, hey it happens.<br />good luck!!

mo-jo

Cadet

thanks everyone for your coments iam puting new fuel pump and running new gas lines & ball everything is orgieal thanks again :cool: