constant power lost for 10 second for every 1 min. run at full trottle

mmmmmm

Recruit
I have a johnson 30 hp jet year 2000. it will run good for 1 minute full trottle then you feel a little cut in power for 10 sec and then it will go back to normal full trottle power again. This is constant every min. run. Anybody encounter this problem yet. Pls feel free to throw any ideas for solution. Thank You

dixie420

Seaman Apprentice
Re: constant power lost for 10 second for every 1 min. run at full trottle

hey mmmmm, i had the exact same symptom from my motor once, 25hp johnson. come to find out i had my fuel line on backwards and the priming buld was only letting enough fuel go into my motor to let it run at WOT for about a minute, then after the engine slowed about 10-15 sec everything would pick back up. this may not be your problem however, but it does sound fuel related to me, maybe your filter/fuel line is clogged.

mmmmmm

Recruit
Re: constant power lost for 10 second for every 1 min. run at full trottle

Hello Dixie, I will check this motor tomorrow morning. I did not check that fuel hose. so many different people use this boat. Thank you. Its started to get cold here. This morning I step in the boat and slid. We are getting a lot of frost. just a tip for you if you are going out fishing or hunting in early morning.