help finding cover

Teroy

Recruit
Hi all. Been looking at the site for awhile and would like to compliment everyone for all the help they give. <br /><br />I have a 1962 Evinrude 5.5 that a friend gave to me in parts. I got it all put back together and it is missing the engine cover. Does anyone know of a website that sells them, new or used. Thank for the help.

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer
Re: help finding cover

I dont, i am still looking for the cowling for my 3hp. found one on ebay but another bidder went all the way to 50$, to much for me, runs fine with out it.

lforney

Cadet
Re: help finding cover

This place would likely have it. They are a bit "salty" somtimes but they seem to be good guys and they seriously have some parts! I have a 1964 MerCruiser I/O and he has never once missed for parts including the guts to my white body and handled MerControl box. The parts were brand new. All the Mercury dealers swore the parts were no longer available. I wonder if they would have sold me a new engine/IO?<br /><br />Last time I was in the owner handed me a flyer with the following information:<br /><br />Fairview Marine Supply<br />Fairview Oregon (Eastern edge of Portland, OR)<br />Phone: 503.492.4608<br />Fax: 503.667.7577<br />email: boat4sale@aol.com<br />Web: www.boatpartusa.com<br /> www.bentboats.com<br /><br />Closed on Sundays and Mondays<br /><br />Hope this helps<br /><br />Loren