evinrude troubles

toddmangold

Recruit
I have an old evinrude triumph 1973 70 hp 3 cyl outboard motor. The problem is I bought Faria guages and they all worked except the tach and temp. (Tach)The setting on the back start at 4 cyl to 8 cyl. I tried them all. I also am not 100 percent sure which wire to use for the sending unit. (Temp)does anyone know where the sending unit is for the temp gauge on this motor. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: evinrude troubles

Welcome!<br /><br />Lets start with basic info. Since OMC didnt make a 70 in 1973, tell us the model number so we're all on the same page.<br /><br />In the meantime, it sounds as if you may have an automotive tach. Maybe not. Its been years since I fooled with a Faria tach but we found them to be very inaccurate. They may have improved over the years.<br /><br />Good luck!

toddmangold

Recruit

Well the boat is a 1973 but the motor may not be. It is a evinrude triumph 70 hp. That's all I can tell you.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

Todd, try looking for the motor data plate on the motor mounting bracket. Should have model and serial nos. there.