OMC Transom mount bolt pattern

Chum Slick

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone know where I can find the bolt pattern specs for OMC transom mount bolt patterns? I am fabricating a transom plate to beef up transom and would like to ensure bolt pattern specs are accurate.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: OMC Transom mount bolt pattern

Its a universal bolt pattern according to ABYC. Any Evinrude / Johnson dealer has a drill fixture. If you cannot rent it from them, pay them to drill your transom with the fixture. It couldnt possibly take over a 1/2 hr and itll be correct.<br /><br />Good luck!

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ah, but Chum Slick sounds like a designer and/or machinist, fabricating something away from the boat. And needs the actual dimensions for the drawing, plus or minus .001 of course. :p Not sure where you'd get those numbers from. Don't have the manual handy right now........ May have to find a jig and measure with calipers?

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

New OMC motors come with a paper template (or used to) for 40 thru 235 HP. It's actual size, but not dimensioned. I'm sure a dealer would let you photo copy.

93bronco

Ensign

see if this is what you are looking for;<br /> <br /> holes are 2 inches from top of transom<br /> top holes- from center line of transom are <br /> 6 7/16 inches to port<br /> 6 7/16 inches to starboard<br />----------<br /> bottom holes are 8 inches down from <br /> the center of top hole (10in from top of transom)<br /> 4 15/16 inches from center line to port<br /> 4 15/16 inches from center line to starboard<br /><br />those are the primary holes.