1985 johnson 70 hp

bobby wilson

Recruit
1985 johnson 70 hp idles fine when i give it the gas it wants to cut offwill not take the gas. replaced the plugs,wires,powerpack,rebuilt fuelpump. has good fire to clyds. new fuel,132 pds. compression to all clys. any suggestions.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1985 johnson 70 hp

Hi Bobby...<br /><br />If the engine has been setting a while, sounds like the carbs are in need of a cleaning and rebuild.<br /><br />Is this a new engine to you?

D

DJ

bw,<br /><br />Completely agree withn OBJ.<br /><br />The 3-cylinder loopers are very sensative to carb issues. Rebuild them and make sure you do the synch. & link correctly.

bobby wilson

Recruit

thank you for your help, i rebuild the carbs yesterday trying the boat out tomorrow. will keep you informed.

bobby wilson

Recruit

Outboad jim yes the motor is new to me bought the boat last winter.couldnt get out today to windy. will try tomorrow. will let you know how it runs.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Thanks Bob for the response. We do like to hear back from the guys posting. Not only to find out if our advise is right, but also to learn from the problems and answers. <br /><br />Hate to say it, but, we ain't always right. :D :D

bobby wilson

Recruit

Outboad Jim & Djohns 19 Well i finily got the boat back on the water. after rebuilding the carbs,setting the synch&link. Well that was it. the boat runs very Good. thanks very much Bobby.