Have I found my problem??????

jagged

Seaman Apprentice
Well folks the carb has been taken off and i cleaned it ne way even though it was as clean as a whistle to begin with. I got the rebuild kit and so on i repaired it. No leaks but still started about the same other than the air popping noises it made before aren't that bad ne more. Now this may or may not be what my prob. was but i think it is. I was inspecting the gas line from the motor that runs to my 6 gal. tank. Where the line hooks to the tank was leaking gas. It was also leaking gas on both sides of the glass fuel filter and where it attaches to the motor itself the feul feeder was torn around the little silver ball and you could hear the air sucking in the hose. I bought some clamps for the hose ( screw clamps are all i'll use) and the leaking stopped but the dillweed that told me that the feul adapter would fit my motor perfect lied cause it was too big. So now i figure i was getting air through the fuel line and it was starving the motor and thats why it bogged down and died out on me. Ya think i got it???

S.S__P.O.S

Seaman
Re: Have I found my problem??????

well it sounds like it very well could be if i were u id replace ALL the gas lines in ur motor and to the tank