johnson 4hp longshaft help me plz :-)

madxbri

Seaman Apprentice
ok all i finally found a site with some people that may be able to help me out <br />i am a small loch fisher and have just got a flat bottomed boat and a johnson 4.0 hp longshaft outboard engine i already worked out my boat needs a short shaft i was told this would not matter so in the wheelie bin it went now on this engine it has a fin above the propeller and one further up i filled with water upto the fin at the prop as the prop was coveverd with water and hay presto 2 pulls and it sprung into life no probs revved very well and ticked over in gear and in netrule <br />so on the boat it went and out to water it went <br />it wouldint tick over and was very slow to rev i noted the exahust outlet was now way under the water should this be above or bellow as i have no probs with being able to raise the motor up but to where should it sit at the bottom of the boat ect ?<br />i know this all sounds a bit novice but then i am and i know i should just buy a short shaft ect but just canot afford it just now <br />thanks all in advance <br />Brian

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: johnson 4hp longshaft help me plz :)

Your post is answered in General Outboards.<br /><br />Please do not duplicate posts.