Bypass vro

capebill

Cadet
Had a new VRO put in last Aug <br /><br />Mechanic never told me I could bypass it<br /><br />then<br />Engine warning lights started to come on - Low Oil and No oil -- sending unit went bad<br /><br /> I decided to bypass my VRO <br /><br />cut pump hose from Reservoir to engine as close to the head as possilble - plug the end with a solid plug. I used a piece of stainless steel rod 1/4 inch long and just a tad larger than the oil line coated with petroleum proof epoxy then tape the end.<br /><br />You need to remove the sending unit wires -- call Johnson to get the color code for removal <br /><br />I think it was Black/gray/ white/blue<br /><br />It is just a male female electronic connector on top of the engine. <br /><br />Remove the oil reservoir from your boat and sell it on Ebay<br /><br />I usually use 4 five gallon cans of gas to fuel up -- when I empty one into the tank I just - put 14 oz of oil into the gas can and It is ready to be filled.<br /><br />It is really no problem unless you are using huge amounts of gas ---<br /><br />Oh yeah the mechanic who replaced the VRO the first time never told me I could By pass it -- I could have saved $590.00

seahorse5

Rear Admiral
Re: Bypass vro

$590!!! The price on the pump is only $245 and it was $225 last year.<br /><br />The oil tank wire colors are tan and black.

a.d.mobile

Petty Officer 1st Class

you never talked about putting a pump back on? you should remove the vro and install the right crankcase vacume or pulse pump and hoses to the carbs. you can get these parts from the catalog with no vro option. if you are running it with vro that means it works if it was not pumping it would not run very weel. wasting 590.00 get a new tank on e-bay run engine properly.

capebill

Cadet

Sea horse<br />that included pulling the boat<br />( twice ) it did not run right after the first "FIX"<br />and then fixing what the real problem was - A leaking fuel line -<br /><br />I think these guys down here are really scruing the average boater<br /><br />and Johnson just looks for ways to avoid helping<br /><br />I have spent ober 2000.00 on this engine since buyibg it new in 2000<br /><br />and