Slight Hesitation at WOT-Plug wires?

StillFishin'

Seaman
I have a slight hesitation at WOT otherwise my '82 OMC 115 runs fine. Just put on a new powerhead this year and cleaned carbs but the old powerhead did the same thing last year.<br /><br />Since my plug wires are 20 years old I was wondering if that could be the problem? Also, can I go to an auto parts store to get new wires?Thanks<br />StillFishin'

bobaschmidt

Cadet
Re: Slight Hesitation at WOT-Plug wires?

Not likely, I ran around looking for plug wires at auto centers and then went to a marina that made up plug wires, I could have ordered them but it would have taken 4-5 days. The cost to have them made was $8.75 per wire. To order was around $9.75. Use the phone book to find a marina that will make up the plug wires, very few still make plug wires. Good Luck!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Napa should have or be able to get wires for you in a day or two. Being in a big OMC city as you are, they may have them in stock.<br /><br />Your problem could be as simple as a little water in the gas.

StillFishin'

Seaman

Thanks, guys. I guess I realy didn't think that the wires could be bad but just had to ask. I'll look into it further.<br /><br />Still Fishin'