What year is it? How much is it worth?

sandmanmike1

Cadet
I have a old johnson super sea horse that i am trying to get year and hp. serial number is 2339720 model#rdsl-25d. Any help would be greatly appreciated

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: What year is it? How much is it worth?

A '63 forty horse.<br />How much is it worth? What does it look like?

kas

Cadet

Sandman It is a 1963 40 hp Johnson and I would not have any idea what something like that is worth. It of course depends on condition and IF you find someone that wants that old a motor for using it or collecting it. Good Luck Keith

sandmanmike1

Cadet

Doesn't look to bad. Haven't fired it up yet. Need to know which wires i need to hook-up. Also do not have a key for it. It came complete with controls. And thanks for info

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It is worth what someone is willing to pay, of course, and how badly you wanted to sell it. But all things being equal, an engine that age is not worth much.<br /><br />Get a manual to figure out how to wire it--Either purchase one on this site if you plan on keeping and running the thing ( you will need a manual if that is the case) or sometimes you can find one in the library if you just plan to get it running to sell.<br /><br />Good luck.

trumpetbucks

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not going to get much for the motor unless you get really lucky.....<br /><br />If you want to get some money out of this thing, the best thing to do would be to get it running, get hold of an old boat with no motor (around here you can find one good for that motor for like $200) then clean up the whole outfit and sell it.<br /><br />Good luck!