What is type C ?

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a 1963 40 H.P. Johnson Electromatic that I have been having shifting problems with. I bought a manual for it and it said one of the causes could be not using the proper lower unit oil. It called for type C. What is type C? What's the differance in it and regular lower unit fluid. I have not found it in local stores but I have not been to a boat dealer yet. Is this an oil that is hard to come by and if so does anybody know where I can get some?

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What is type C ?

Type C is the Electric Shift lube that OMC decrees as What To Use in their electric shift models ... :rolleyes: any marine store should stock it, its also available on line at most any marine outlet, iboats should have it in one of the mega mall sites<br /><br />My 125 Johnson is electric shift, Ill be getting some of that prized goo in the future, for now tho, I have some wal mart marine lube for 2 bucks a tube, gotta love those old mechanical shift models :D

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

Isn't that a kid's citrus drink, or is that Hi-C. :) <br /><br />No really, like above post, special lube for the electric shifts.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

wike, thanks to seeing your web page tucked into the signature, I realized I could post my site in there ... Thanks!