5 hp nissan won't start

rlee

Recruit
My 2000 5 hp nissan is giving me trouble this year, after running perfectly for two plus years. <br /><br />It's always started on the first or second pull until the end of last year, when two or three times<br />it was difficult to start. But even then, it ran perfectly once it started.<br /><br />This year: <br />Started right up and ran perfectly the first time out (early may)<br />Difficult to start, ran good but not perfectly the second time. <br />Started right up and ran perfectly the third time.<br />Difficult to start, then crapped out after 30 seconds the fourth time. <br />I have been unable to start it since. <br /><br />I use the previous year's fuel each year, but I always add a stabiler.<br />I always change the spark plug each year.<br /><br />Any ideas?

Xcusme

Commander
Re: 5 hp nissan won't start

OK, back to basics:<br /><br />Get a fresh tank of fuel/oil mix.<br /><br />Check spark at each plug ( remove plug,reconnect plug wire and hold plug against block, pull starter rope)<br />If spark is good , reinstall plugs and wires, don't cross wires.<br /><br />Spray fuel into air intake of carb, try to start. If she pops off and then dies, you can have a fuel delivery problem. Check fuel pump and or carb.<br />If motor will continue to run while squeezing the primer bulb, suspect the fuel pump.<br /><br />If motor does not continue to run while squeezing the primer bulb, suspect the carb.