Jack plate question

crookedmullet

Seaman
I hope everyone had a great turkey weekend. I've got a 17' Lake and Bay with a 90hp Mariner connected to a Quicksilver ParaLift hydraulic jack plate on the back. I've had some problems in the past with the jack plate, where I've had to order parts, with no luck and had to come up with something on my own to fix it. Well, just recently, the control module, where the wires go out to the switch and jack plate motor, has gone bad. I've taken apart the motor, and it works fine, and I even put a new switch in, so I know it's the little module giving me problems. Does anyone know where I can find aftermarket parts for the Quicksilver ParaLift? My local Mercury dealer and parts department doesn't carry this part and they don't know where to get one.

redxiv

Cadet
Re: Jack plate question

Give me the part number and I can look it up for you.

crookedmullet

Seaman

I don't have a manual or any info on the jack plate, it never came with the boat. The module itself doesn't have a number stamped on it either, neither does the jack plate itself. None of the service places had part numbers because they are no longer available. I wish I had a number cause it would be a lot easier.

redxiv

Cadet

Okay the info I need to look it up then will be: year engine, engine manufacturer, HP, type (ie. OptiMax or Saltwater Series), and year of jackplate, and if given type.

crookedmullet

Seaman

Brian H:<br />It's a 1998 90hp Mercury Mariner. There is no sticker on the jack plate with a number, but it is a Quicksilver Para-Lift jack plate. Any info would be great.

staylor

Recruit

I have a Quicksilver Para lift on a 20ft lake and bay, there is some slop where the shaft from the electric motor conects to the lift bracket, when you are running in choppy water the motor does alot of jumping around. I pulled the sholder bolt out and looked at it, it seams fine looks like there could have been a shim there at one time don't know any info would be great thanks

Jeep Man

Commander

I have a Quicksilver Para lift on a 20ft lake and bay, there is some slop where the shaft from the electric motor conects to the lift bracket, when you are running in choppy water the motor does alot of jumping around. I pulled the sholder bolt out and looked at it, it seams fine looks like there could have been a shim there at one time don't know any info would be great thanks

This post is more than 6 years old. For better replies to your question, you should start a new one. Just click on "create new post" at the top, give it a title and ask your question. Lots of fellow boaters more than happy to help where they can. Welcome to the forum.