how much is it worth

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander
My 2 cents...make him give you $350 to take it.<br /><br />You have no idea if the drive is really any good. What drive? Some are pretty hard to get parts for.<br /><br />How's the interior? Floor have soft spots?<br /><br />What engine is in it? Again, parts can be quite a problem.<br /><br />How's the transom? Soft, rotted?<br /><br />More I think about it, I'd make him give me $500.

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class
how much is it worth

HI I need help I'm thinking of buying a 1973 glassmater tri hull 17ft boat it come with the trailor and has a good outdrive but the engine is sized.<br />he only wants $350 so I think it is a bargain what do you guys think?

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: how much is it worth

If the trailor is in decent shape (functional, not cosmetically), and the outdrive is functional, it is worth it. You just want to look at the big picture. Its a project boat, you'll probably have to do some structural repair, you'll have to hunt up another engine or rebuild this engine. It will be a lot of work, and you'll spend some loot doing it. You just have to ask yourself if this particular boat is what you would want. Its not a good deal if you put a lot of work into it just to get it on the water and find out you hate the thing. If you like the hull, the way it looks, and are familiar with the ride that particular model exibits (not all tri-hulls ride the same, some ride harsh, some ride very well). If you know you will like it, want to do the work, then $350 is nothing. Good luck...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

If you have storage space it may bring more than that if parted out in the springtime.<br /><br />Bob

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class

the floor seamed soild it has a mercruser 120hp in it the hull is in good shape and it has a good windshiled and gudges it had two fuell tanks.<br />if it turns out to be cr^& I would just sell off the part what do you think?

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks for the help guys I think i'm going to get it if it turns out to be junk I'm sure i could part it out for more than I paid thank you for your help.