experience with Zodiac MK1VHD

Henry Ferris

Cadet
I am thinking about ordering a large Zodiac and mounting a large jet outboard. Probably in the 100hp range. Anybody done this? The big <br />avon hd boats do not have the extra tubes underneath and so I figure the Zodiac would track better with a jet on rivers. It would be nice to be able to use the Avon as it is $6000.00 cheaper. I have experience with Zodiac and Avon but not with a jet.

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: experience with Zodiac MK1VHD

Henry,<br /> Where are you located? I'm very interested in following how this transpires as I have an active interest with inflatables.<br /> <br /> Cheers,<br /> Snow.

Henry Ferris

Cadet

Snowdrggn,<br />. I have a 14 hour drive to the dealer that I am currently working with. That is why I am trying to get all the info possible so that I make intelligent choices as for equipment ,motor and not the least the boat.<br />Currently I am leaning toward a Yamaha jet as I like a 4 stroke. I will build the seats and rowing frame, for floating down river.<br />I plan on installing about a 35 gal tank just back of the bow. Hope I can find someone who has experience with large HD inflatables.<br />Henry

Henry Ferris

Cadet

Snow,<br />I forgot to tell you where I live.<br /> I have lived for 32 years on Buck Flats rd. South of Houston. <br />I am the last one on the rd. I travel most of the rivers and lakes in my area.<br />I am trying to put a deal together with a Vancouver dealer as now is the time to save some cash.<br />Henry

Drowned Rat

Captain

Hi there HF. I have a lot of experience with inflatables, and I can tell you that the Avon will track like it's on rails. Better than the Zodiac in my opinion although I am a Zodiac fan too. I am not a fan of jet outboards however. More horsepower for the buck with the prop motor. You're going to do just as much damage, if not more, to a jet outboard if you hit a rock as you would if you had a regular motor. I don't like them. Just my 2c. Good luck.

Snowdrggn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Henry, Drop me an email please? snowdrggn@hotmail.com<br /><br />I am interested in checking out things around your area.<br /><br /> Snow.