Need help with old motor

Brett-

Recruit
Hello, I'm new to these boards and I need some help. I have a mid-70's 15hp johnson seahorse, '76 I think. the model# is 15R76R. anyway, It will only run as long as the prime lasts. I have found the problemb I think, the fuel line goes into a square black plastic peice that says "filter" which attaches to the side of the motor by one brass bolt through the center. The plastic thing is about 3"x3" and 1/2" deep, and has a screen and a gasket underneath. the gasket is Okay but the plastic thing itself is cracked and spews gas when I prime it. I am trying to find out what the part is, and where I might find a replacement, none of the outboard repair places around here can help me with a motor this old. I am also looking for a kill switch, the old one has rotted away leaving only the exposed contacts. <br />thank you for any help or advice<br /> Brett

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
Re: Need help with old motor

Tell them you need the part for a 1990 15hp - same fuel pump was used for a number of years (may still be used today!). Your local guys not finding the part is just laziness - not lack of the part...<br />- Scott

Bco128

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need help with old motor

check out www.marinemotorparts.com they are located in Tulsa Okla. they have found old and odd parts for me before.Good chance they can find what you need. Most pricing is reasonable.