problem with my 200 johnson

strocker383ca

Seaman
hi i bought a 1989 jonson last year and i wondering about a knockingt sound inside the motor.so i decide to dissasemble the motor and make a refresh in it i put 6 new piston.6 wrist pins,put all new bearing,and went i started it back and go for a ride that knocking soud was still there.can it be detonation or pinkage that i ear.the motor need to be complete warm up before the sound happend.i think that the motor run to hot went it pull and don't refresh enought faster.and it happend just on deceleration,don't ear it at full throttle and on idle.i ear that kind of noise on my sled but he was refresh by fan cool.and just wanna know if it suppose to got lots of water coming out from the bleeder at right of the motor....

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: problem with my 200 johnson

Did you bore the cylinders?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

What did you use for the finished bore size and what pistons? Brand and part number.<br /><br />Let us know!

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

I don't know why I'm typing this as it is not an area I have experience with but did you set the ignition timing to specification? I'm thinking of the possibility of preignition knock.