MORE INFO ON 5.5 EVINRUDE

J.R. COWBOY

Cadet
I found out yesterday my 5.5 could be a 1956. s/n is 551213796 a friend says the first four #s would be the model #s. Is this true and if it is what kind of value would you put on this motor.its in perfect condition also where would i find a manual. thanks for any info.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: MORE INFO ON 5.5 EVINRUDE

5512 is indeed the model number of the 56 5.5<br />I dont know if the first 4 serial numbers are the model number or not.<br />Value can be pretty subjective it depends on the<br />buyer and seller and of course the condition and comepleteness of the motor. If you check the<br /> Antique outboard club site you will find 100s of classifieds and not one asking price.<br /> If your motor is truly in perfect shape it could be worth as much as $500.If it is in perfect<br />condition "for its age" thats another story.<br />Check ebay for prices<br /> Youll find they vary widely based on condition.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: MORE INFO ON 5.5 EVINRUDE

Evinrude and Johnson manuals are available from www.kencook.com They are THEE licensed document source.<br /><br />I just checked, their website seems to be down right now, probably doing maintenance, check them out later.