engine hight question

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer
i need to move my 1971 9.5 evinrude up on the ransom of my aluminum 12 foot vhull i can only move it up about and inch but this will put my cavitaion plate just about to the bottom of the boat(still alittle low)i am doing to use solid rubber to fill the gap between the top of the transom and the engine bracket.i have a lip at the top of the transom so the clamps will be under that.will this put unwanted stress on the transom? the boat is rated for a 17 hp.but i am not sure how safe it is to mount an engine that high on the transom.i a peice of 1x4 on the inside of the transom that runs the full lenth of the transom and a peice of 1/2 plywood on the outside where then engine sits about 3" bigger then the engine on all 3 sides(both sides and the bottom)

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: engine hight question

I sure wouldnt go any higher until you try that<br />height.Use what we used to call a rev stick to support the motor and clamp it good.Use common sense and it should work fine.<br /> If you go higher youll need to add to the transom.

wayne h

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: engine hight question

I dont want to go any higher then the lip on the transom my clamps are still under that thats where i want to leave it. what is a rev stick?