new boat..Evinrude/Imperial..what do I have (year/ect)??

WikidDreamz

Recruit
Just picked up a boat..info I have is boat is a Imperial Model V173 and engine is Evinrude 115 Model#115893C and Serial#10001803. What year engine and boat do I have? This is my first boat..couldnt pass up the deal I got..what can anyone tell me about the boat? I looked for sites for Imperial boats and nothing found. It is white with red stripes if that helps. Havent had it in the water..guy I bought it from said it ran good..52mph or so with 6 people, not sure how well that goes. I plan on running it for the summer, redoing it this winter and trading it on a 22-23' ski boat. Any info would be great! Thanks in advance!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: new boat..Evinrude/Imperial..what do I have (year/ect)??

Well wikid....I can tell you that the engine is a 1978. Don't knowabout the boat. Look on the back of the transom for a tag with a bunch of letters and numbers on it. The last two numbers usually indicates the year. Have Fun!!

WikidDreamz

Recruit

thanks for the quick reply Jim. Its a 115hp engine correct? This engine any good? Anything I can do to make it better or to look for? What are any upgrades to the engine that I can make that are worth it? As far as the boat..I cant look at the number as its all worn off. It has Imperial on the side and the tag has Model V173 on it..no other info like capacity is readable. Thanks again for the help.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

The 115's are a good solid running engine with a proven block. If unfamiliar with the care of the old girl, get yerself a manual, a generic should do, and go through the section on general care. Any outboard will treat you as good as you treat it. You may also want to condider taking it to a reliable mech and have him check it out top to bottom. May save a good day on the water.<br /><br />Good Luck and good boating.