Hooty?

still having trouble with that 75hp evinrude. when you take the carbs off is there a gasket. If so can it be reused or does it have to be replaced. If so can you give me a website or somewhere i can get it.<br /> Thanks 1BassFisherman

Hooty

Rear Admiral
Re: Hooty?

Yes, there's a gasket there. I'd probably use a new one but in a bind and if the old gasket is still in good shape, use it . The easiest place to get parts like that is your neighborhood NAPA Dealer. He may not have it in stock but he can get it. If you're on good terms with him, get him to get you a NAPA Marine Probucts Catalog. Explain to him it'll save him time if you look up the part nrs.<br /><br />g'luck & c/6<br /><br />HOOty

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

hooty, what does the C/6 mean?<br /><br />not being nosy or anything ...<br /><br />well, maybe I am!<br /><br /> :p

Hooty

Rear Admiral

If I told ya, I'd haf ta kill ya. ;) <br /><br />(It means "check your six")<br /><br />c/6<br /><br />Hooty

kshatzer

Seaman Apprentice

Hooty,<br />That sounds like a former AF/Navy pilot!!<br /><br />Ken

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

no need to kill me, I still dont get it!<br /><br />the only thing I can think of would have ol JB gunning for me, lol, I keep him busy enough!<br /><br />how exactly does one check ones six? lol, NOW hell have to kill me!<br /><br /> :p

kshatzer

Seaman Apprentice

It's an AF/Navy fighter pilot expression - "Check your six" is to make sure your ememy doesn't get behind you or in "clock" terms- the 6 o'clock position.<br /><br />Ken

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

wouldnt that be the ummm tail gunners job?<br /><br /> :p <br /><br />thanks for the heads up tho, lol<br /><br />of course, being boaters, at least those near salt water and the attendant flocks O Gulls ... wouldnt it be more prudent to check yer 12? LOL