Evinrude Outboard

Katman17

Recruit
I have recently acquired an old Evinrude Fleetwin 7.5hp model 7522 which I believe is a 1957. The motor had not been run in several years and had no spark which I was able to correct with a clean of the points. I was able to get the motor running pretty well but don't know the proper setting position for the high and low speed knobs. To get the motor to run I turned each all the way in (to the right) and set back to approximately 1/2 turn. Can anyone telling me the proper way to adjust these? The motor seems to run fine now but I would like to have them set properly.

Katman17

Recruit
Re: Evinrude Outboard

I have found a post from May 2002 which I believe answers my question. I had previously missed this. Thanks.

Re: Evinrude Outboard

well your still on here and people might get sent here. When in doubt always go 1.5 turns then adjust from there. Always rev it up high first then adjust..always give it about 30 seconds to get used to it. actually to amend the bottom give 1 turn...after slowly accelerating down (slow speed) you will prob. have to turn right a tad...do it slowly....if it seems it will stall leave it and turn it back up then go down and adjust it again. just a little practice like that and it will be fine but dont over do it so you dont wear out your gaskets. so start high get it clean then go low and adjust there...go high when it seems to stall give small turns then it should purrrrrr