115ESL75E IMPELLER CHANGE

FISHERKING

Cadet
Hello ,<br /><br />Hoping I can find some help here ,<br /><br />1975 115 Johnson (115ESL75E) I have gotten the lower unit to drop (few inches) how the heck do i seperate the shift rod?<br /><br />Thanks <br /><br />Fisherking.

D

DJ

Re: 115ESL75E IMPELLER CHANGE

Fisher,<br /><br />The connection for the shift rod is underneath the bottom carburetor. It a bear to get to, but it can be done.<br /><br />It's easier if the lower unit is in reverse.

FISHERKING

Cadet

I see the linkage there but at a glance it looks to be a solid pin through the arm.(where the arm connects to the rod) how ...does it seperate?

D

DJ

There is a screw that goes through it. I'm not sure you're looking at the right thing.

FISHERKING

Cadet

ok....ill try to be a little clearer ,,,there is a arm that connecs to the rod itself ...(two halves .(directly below the bottom carbs) how do i seperate the rod from the arm....or does the one half stay connected and slide down through..?

iRich

Petty Officer 1st Class

You got it Fisher...the rod will slide down through...Rich

P.V.

Chief Petty Officer

I believe it's a 5/8ths swivel socket that will allow access to remove the bolt. There is a washer behind the bolt, up against the block. Also remove the 3/8ths nut on the end of the two arms and you will see how the two arms capture the oppisite end and the upper shift shaft. The upper shift shaft is threadded and has a swivel piece to adjust the shift rod height and also a bushing to allow pivoting movement. It will be a little more difficult pitting it all back together but it will go!!

Walker

Captain

Pull the bottom carb off. that will let you see and allow better access to it. The bolt that you need to remove will be horizontal and should be 3/8"