Where to buy Vinyl

G DANE

Commander
I am at building a new boat interiour.<br /><br />Does anyone know a good place to buy marine grade vinyl for seats and internal sides.<br /><br />In USA or even better U.K., as i am in Denmark

Alrobot

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Where to buy Vinyl

Do you have any kind of craft or sewing store in your town. I just did my interior myself, I bought the vinyl and foam at the local fabric/sewing store. Imagine the old ladies surprise when a big guy like me walked in knowing exactly what I needed.<br /><br />Al...

MrBill

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Here in Massachusetts, many of the local fabric and sewing supply stores carry the 'Marine Vinyl' brand of vinyl. It's a little thicker than the regular interior variety and has a better (maybe nylon) fabric backing. It comes 4 feet wide and sells for $7.00 USD per linear yard. About 6 different colors always available.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Make sure you get marine grade vinyl(did I say that?). The rest cracks and rips to fast. If you are going to buy any parts (molded seat,things that you cant do your self)get them first. Its a lot easier to match vinyl to bought peices (plus you will have them to match the vinyl to)then vice versa. Also keep any long peices of vinyl left over. You can take it to a upholstry shop and have pipeing (the vinyls trim rope) made to match. Should cost a buck a foot to be made.