Need to Know Year Of My 225hp Evinrude??

John.F

Seaman Apprentice
Here is the model#CE225TXCCE And heres the Serial#C7231414.......I've tried to look on "Evinrude.com" But can not see Docktalk ???<br />I Think my motor is 1989, 1990 ???<br />Thank you for any help I recieve.

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Need to Know Year Of My 225hp Evinrude??

for 1980 and newer Evr/Johnson the code is "INTRODUCES"...I=1...N=2...T=3 and so on...drop your last letter and you have CC=1988 :cool:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think it's an '88, John.

John.F

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you very much.<br />The guy I bought this motor(225hpEvinrude) from told me it was a 1990. So it is a 1988 huh?<br />Does anyone know how reliable this motor is?<br />It is a V6 VRO 225. Some more info on this motor would be a big help. When I bought it he said it was fully seviced. Last night I changed the oil in the leg and it looked great. I put new oil in there anyway. I used Shell Nautilus SAE 90 Marine gear oil,Is this the right oil?lol Is there anything else I should be looking for on this motor ? Is there oil in the powerhead that I should look at or change? Any info would be a great help thanks again! ......John.

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

nope-no oil in the head...check your power trim fluid though...here in the states we call the variable ratio oiling system (VRO) ..."Very Rarely Oils"...the pumps are prone to failure-usually at very inoppotune times...keep an eye on it or have a competent mechanic bypass it and mix your own :cool:

John.F

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks ZZZZZZZ,<br />I used It 2 days ago and the oil resivior went down to 1/4 full and the beeping started. toped it off again and it seemed fine. So it seems it is working. Will the alarm go off if it stops working?.........John.

zzzzz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

John there are literally thousands of guys out there that wish there was an alarm to tell you that your oil pump just quit(so you could shut the engine down and SAVE it ! )Nope,no alarm will sound...you'll just be motoring along thinking everything is fine and KABOOM :confused: ...some say it sounds like glass breaking :eek: ...sometimes they just lock up :rolleyes: :( ..the only safe way is to bypass the VRO :cool:

John.F

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks again ZZZZZ<br />It makes alot of sense to bypass the VRO.<br />I'll do that for sure. Thanks again ! :)