How to Tow WaveRunner

dcookie

Recruit
I'd like to tow my WaveRunner behind my 32' ChrisCraft at planing speeds, are there some products out there that I can do this with safely?

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: How to Tow WaveRunner

I don't know about specific products sport but down here when we want to tow something ap planing speed we tie two inner tubes togeather to form an 8 shape then a tow rope to the upper circle and likewise to the lower circle. The tubes act like a rubber band and absorb some of the shock of towing - like when you cross someones wake or waves.<br />The secret is to adjust the tow length as you speed up till you know exactly how much rope to have out at planing speed. For my daughters boat I have spliced an eye at exactly that spot for towing at 20knts so we have no problem.<br />When adjusting the tow line you could have it sit on any one of the first few 'pressure' waves behind the boat. I like the third one so if I stop suddenly the towed vessel comes to a halt.<br />Add a float to the centre so you don't chop the rope on the prop at rest.<br />I use this principle when rescue towing, at a slower pace obviously.<br />Ross.

martinwinte

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: How to Tow WaveRunner

I saw something to do this with (but I can't remember where I saw it at) It was basically 2 pieces of pvc pipe with a rope thru each one. They hooked (like a v) 2 points on the transom of your boat and the "point of the v) hooking two the watercraft. The stiff pvc makes sure it doesn't crash into your boat (or get ropes tangled in the prop).