Latest News From Bombardier

D

DJ

Looks like the John/Rude names will be around for quite some time! :) <br /><br /> <br />You have most likely read articles or heard rumors and speculations about the<br />upcoming sale of Bombardier Recreational Products, a division of Bombardier Inc.<br />Bombardier Recreational Products includes the Evinrude(r) and Johnson(r) outboard<br />engine brands, along with Sea-Doo(r) personal watercraft , Ski-Doo(r)<br />snowmobiles, Bombardier(r) ATV and Rotax(r) engines. <br /><br />Interest in our division has been astounding! Since the April 3 announcement,<br />we've received correspondence from many companies from all over the world, and<br />have narrowed down the preliminary bids to 30 firms. This month, we'll narrow the<br />field again to roughly five companies, who'll enter the final selection phase. <br />We expect to have a winner announced later this summer.<br /><br />Obviously, during this transitional time period, there have been areas of concern<br />and question regarding this sale, and how it affects the Evinrude and Johnson<br />brands:<br /><br />* No direct competitor will become the new owner of Bombardier Recreational<br />Products.<br /><br />* Bombardier Recreational Products will remain intact, operating as a single<br />entity and carrying on business as usual. <br /><br />This means that the Evinrude and Johnson brands will continue to compete with<br />existing manufacturers just as they have in the past. And all warranties,<br />promotions, advertising, etc., are still on track. <br /><br />To help keep our dealers and boat builders informed, we've created a weekly<br />newsletter. We'd like to also share it with you. Welcome to "The Real Deal,"<br />our way of getting real, truthful, accurate information into the boating industry<br />at weekly intervals. At Evinrude and Johnson, we publish The Real Deal to give<br />accurate and timely news on our business, including the sale of Bombardier<br />Recreational Products. It's the only official word on: the latest information on<br />the sale transaction itself; important news from the division and elsewhere; and<br />damaging rumors-where we address them HEAD ON. <br /><br />Dealers may have shared information from The Real Deal with you. Now it's<br />available for your own reading. The Real Deal will be updated on our Web sites<br />each week, but we'll also send you a reminder e-mail as new issues are posted. <br /><br />Please check back often for the latest news on www.evinrude.com and<br />www.johnson.com. As always, we appreciate your support. <br /><br />Dave Thompson<br />Director of Communications <br />Bombardier Boats and Outboard Engines Division<br /><br />(r), TM Trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.

tscott

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Latest News From Bombardier

Right on!! I've always been a evinrude fan and I love mine. :D :D

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OK know I do know Dave and have spoken to him once re this matter and as I have said over and 0ver this is going to be a good thing for Bombardier I talk to my contact there almost daily and it really is business as usual there. They are a good group from management down who do care about the product ( you will all see the level of passion once etec is released) good to see that you are posting this info

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

I'm very glad to see that Johnson and Evinrude will continue on as brand names. They've been around so long that they've become a part of our boating culture. Continued competition dosn't hurt either.