152 Donzi Medallion 15"

Thena

Cadet
I have a donzi medallion with the 90 HP sportjet engine.. The boat is underpowered with tghe 90HP engine.<br /><br />It has great difficulty in planning. Especially with more than 2 people on board. If everybody sits in the front then the boat planes and goes a s fast as 35mph. <br /><br />I was thinking of installing trim tabs to make it easier to drop the nose down.. but I have no idea what kind of trim tabs to use??? <br /><br />I've found on the internet the Westcoast sea-doo V5000/V6000 which is exactly what I want but how can I be sure they will fit my donzi???<br /><br />Any help extremely appreciated!!!!!<br /><br />THanks<br />Lucas

SB

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 152 Donzi Medallion 15"

I used Naticus trim tabs on my 14' Bayliner with a Sport Jet 90. They eliminated the porpoising that I was having and really improved the turning ability but my top speed went from 36 to 33mph.

villaojs

Recruit

I have the same problem with the same boat. Have you purchased any trim tabs? If so, what kind and how well have they worked?

Tabman II

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Lucas Kattis & Jesi,<br /><br />I am Thomas & I work for Bennett Marine in the Client Service department.<br /><br />I cruise a few different boating forums keeping an eye for clients that are having trouble or questions concerning their trim tab systems. A set of trim tabs will cure your porpoising and improve your planeing times without having your "crew" move to the bow for you to plane off. You may even wish to ask this same question at the Doniz forum too; http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/Ultimatebb.cgi, just to see what they suggest.<br /><br />If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me!<br /><br />Sincerely,<br />MJ Thomas<br />Bennett Marine, Inc.<br />Client Services<br />trimtabs@earthlink.net<br />www.bennetttrimtabs.com

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

To SB and others;<br /><br />You need to adjust the lift pressure on the trim plate bracket (only). To improve top speed reduce the pressure by moving the actuator attachment down toward the plate. You should end up with an increase in speed of about 2 mph and no porpoising. If not call customer service at Nauticus, Inc (800-233-0194) as you may have used a model that is too large for your boat.<br />Best Regards<br />John