tilt and trim problems

damstriper

Seaman Apprentice
fished this weekend and motor got to where it wouldn't trim up when under power.is a 1984 evinrude xp 150. would trim down but really slow. when i got home i checked fluid and the o-ring on the bleed screw had gone bad so there was water in fluid. i flushed system until no water detected, but now the arms don't move at all, up or down.tilt motor switch responds to up and down position so it is not relays. tilt motor was bought new 3 weeks ago and sounds the same as it has for the past 10 trips. is building pressure because it shoots out bleed screw when running up and down switch. put hydrolic jack oil in as i have for all my motors in the past. no air in lines. have i missed something? is the a way to prime? nothing in manual has helped. thanks to anyone that can help.

cbr120

Recruit
Re: tilt and trim problems

I have the same problem with my 85 Johnson OB 115Hp. I replaced the old o-ring on the manual release screw. Then I replaced the screw and now the trim works but not the tilt. <br /><br />I have filled the reservoir multiple times. I filled the reservoir with the engine in the up position closed the screw; let the engine drop down; tried to run the trim/tilt motor up with no movement; opened the screw; pulled up the engine; close the screw; fill the reservoir. I repeated this several times.<br /><br />Please someone help me.