1975 Evinrude 25hp

tombold

Cadet
Hello, <br /><br />I have a 1975 Evinrude 25hp outboard. I have been dealing with this same problem for over a year now and I am getting to the boiling point. Heres the deal. <br /><br />I got the motor two years ago and it ran like a champ. No problems, At cruise speed now it starts what appears to be missing. I went through it and found the wires to be bad at the harness, I replaced the harness. New plugs. Still does it. Took it in, had the carb rebuilt fuel lines changed, still does it but not all the time. Brought it back home. discovered puddles of fuel in the bottom of the motor and a stripped out pulg hole, the head was not tightened down all the way, pulled the head replaced the gasket, helicoiled the plug hole and replaced the plugs. Took it back out, decarbed, did it again for a while then stopped, ran like a champ no missing. Took it out again today, started again, but stopped after running awhile. I will clarify a little better about the specific missing.<br /><br />Also, Water pump pumps great, It doesn't jump out of gear at all, but I drained the lower unit oil and it seems to be light brown/yellowish tint, is this normal? :confused: <br /><br />The "miss" occurs appx every 10 sec or so, at various throttle positions, it doesn't fall on its face when it happens, it just keeps on goin like nothin happened till the next time, maybe a little troubleshooting for a clutch dog issue might shine a little more light, but at time it goes away, also seems like it does it more in colder weather that warm. :confused: <br /><br />If you need anything clarified please ask, Sorry for the rambling on, Hope you guys or gals can help. Thanks :confused: