1970 4 hp evinrude lightwin

ron6490

Recruit
This motor was purchased new by my father in 1971.<br />It has proformed well but in recent years will not ideal slow. I have rebuilt carb and fuel pump. The motor still will not slow ideal. I have replaced the coils and points-condenser 5 yrs ago. This year I filed the points and reset to specs and new plugs. What is the setting for the float with the carb inverted? The float out of ajustment is the only thing i can think of which may be the problem. Some more info is: the exchaust is rich with raw gas fumes, the motor dies out at slow ideal requiring lots of pulls and the choke activated. Also I have replaced the head gasket and all the fuel lines under hood as well as using the tank and hose from my well functioning 'rude 35. Please respond. Thanks!

D

DJ

Re: 1970 4 hp evinrude lightwin

ron,<br /><br />You'll have to look at a manual to see the proper float level setting.<br /><br />By the way, does this have a cork float? If so, replace it.<br /><br />Did you replace the needle/seat. If not, replace them.

ron6490

Recruit
Re: 1970 4 hp evinrude lightwin

The float in black plastic, the needle and set have been changed. Is there a way to determine if the problem maybe electrical?<br />Thanks!