Joe Reeves?Johnson 150 or 200 HP ? model # info

Pst76

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am trying to determine HP of a motor that I am looking to purchase. This is a follow up to my earlier thread. These are the numbers off the motor. Core plug # and transom bracket numbers match.Thats a good sign. <br />Model 2001XLT77C<br />S/n J4792352<br /><br />My guess is 77 200hp with lift and trim. But casing is definitely different than another 200 Ev that is in the shop.<br /><br />Thanks for the help<br />Paul<br /><br />--------------------

Pst76

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Joe Reeves?Johnson 150 or 200 HP ? model # info

Trent I went to the web site link and its in German...

tscott

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You sure you got that model # right?<br />I know the site is in german but click on the link at the top that looks like "modelguide"<br /><br />Then click on Johnson 1922-1979<br />Then click the 3rd link over on the right.(the numbers are horsepower. <br />The closest I can get to your number is 200TXL77<br />Which is a 1977 200hp johnson.There is also a 200TL77.<br /><br />To all intents and purposes the number you are reading is that of a '77 200hp johnson.<br /><br />hope this helps.<br /><br />Tom

Peter O

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's an English site that gives the same conclusion. Casing on Johnson is different than Ev.<br /> OMC Model Info

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Pst76..... I've never heard of such a model number but I double checked through my OMC model reference guide anyway. It doesn't exist in the book either.<br /><br />Describe the powerpack... single pack on the back of the engine with wires attached to it via terminal screws....... dual packs, one on each side of the engine...... one large pack on top of the engine to the rear of the flywheel?? Where are the coils located? Etc........

Pst76

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank, I will double check the numbers over the weekend, I may have inverted when I wrote them down. I thought I double checked. As far as ciols , one for each cylinder mounted on both sides of heads near individual cylinders. Power pack from what I remember was single ,mounted with terminal strip/screws. Does the s/n give up any info. J4792352 ?<br />I'll verify info as soon as I get over to the shop this week end.<br /><br />Thanks again for your help<br /><br />Pst