Hardware for custom ski bar?

mscott

Cadet
Is there an online source for hardware/parts to design a custom ski bar? I've Googled and can't find much. The stainless bar stock I can easily find. It's the quick disconnect plates and such I'm needing.<br />-thanks

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Hardware for custom ski bar?

Are you talking about a pylon, or a boom that sticks ot the side of the boat?

mscott

Cadet

Haha.. I didn't know they had separate names. I'm looking for the pylon type.

sangerwaker

Commander

Not sure on the quick disconnect plates you speak of. I helped make one for my brother's old Hydrostream. We didn't use any quick disconnects as we thought they would be a weak link. We used stainless bar stock, and slotted the ends to go inside of each other. We then drilled and tapped all the way through and used a stainless bolt.<br /><br />If you want to go the quick disconnect way, look at bimini top hardware at boat suppliers, like here on iboats for example.<br /><br />Hope that helps.<br /><br />Don't any of the premade ones fit your boat? Seems to me if they do at all, you will have more invested in parts than a whole unit would cost. Steel is very expensive right now.

mscott

Cadet

Thanks for the info. More searching has found a premade one that is exactly perfect (none of the tripods would have worked). This one, made by swivl-eze is called a "thru the deck" model. Single pole (with quick disconnect plate) that is intended to come through the engine well vacinity. Sweet!

salty87

Commander

you might be able to find a used one. towers have become cheaper so there are more used pylons for sale than a few years ago. wakeworld.com and wakeboarder.com have classified sections.<br /><br />good luck